1. Use Social media. Social media is the best way to interact with your patients while promoting your pharmacy. It’s also one of the most effective ways to communicate to patients about what’s going on at your pharmacy. Use social media to:
· Host contests to stir up shares, likes, and referrals
· Promote new services and products
· Publicize sales and promotions
· Share helpful health tips and information
· Show off your pharmacy’s personality
2. Send promotional emails to new people. Email addresses are marketing gold. When you have potential patients’ email addresses, you can send them communications proving your pharmacy’s value, and convince them to become customers. Use incentives, like contests at events and giveaways on social media, to gather email addresses. (Set out a sign-up form for people to fill out.) Send them promotional emails with coupons, product announcements, and specials notifications. Better yet, send them your e-newsletter. Or, direct them to your blog, where you can establish credibility with them over time.
3. Try out a direct mail campaign. With the rise of digital marketing, direct mail has become one of the most underrated pharmacy promotion ideas. People tend to pay attention to what they receive in their mailbox. So, direct mail pieces like postcards, mailers, and brochures will usually find the eyes of the person you send them to. Plus, seniors respond better to direct mail than to email or online ads. And, millennials love using coupons they receive in the mail.